The First Post: A Mission Statement

2:16 PM

My name is Amber. I'm making this blog so that I can have a somewhat organized place to shoot off my mouth. That's all that blogging really is. "Thinkpieces" aren't even all that clear or well-argued (trust me, I've penned a few); they are essentially five hundred words of "LISTEN TO ME" because if someone else doesn't listen to you or see you in our digital age, are you really there?

The following, in no particular order, are my abiding interests. I cannot promise commitment to these things only, but they will probably be most of what I talk about. I'm including all of them because, while I love beauty/fashion only blogs, I hate the myth that if a woman loves lipstick she doesn't know anything about current events, science, philosophy, or any of those other grown-up topics. So, I like:
1. Makeup and skincare
2. Clothes
3. Literature
4. Vintage style and culture, especially old movies
5. Surfing
6. Astronomy
7. Philosophy
8. Television
9. Writing

I will probably talk mostly about the first three but I don't see why I have to confine myself to just one. 
As for you, you don't have to read anything I write. If you do, I'm grateful and flattered and hope you enjoy it. I want to hear what you have to say, too. 
My schedule for this thing is to post once a week. 
PS: It was inordinately hard to choose a picture of myself for this. I have this quirk in pictures where I either look like I've just eaten a Lemonhead or of a nearsighted tourist in the glare of the midday sun. I will post examples of this, I promise. But anyway, it's hard to find a picture that looks nice but isn't also self-serious. I'm not sure I avoided this. Oh well. I'm learning.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images